Yep. Also surprised by the 50/50 - so far the "easy" path is blocked
by INFRA, so I am not sure if we will quickly do it, but I will likely
see what we can do soon.

And yes. This is the same for me - I **LOVE** black and always have
pre-commit installed because I do not have to spend any mind-cycles on
things that are extremely important for the project and readability
(i.e. consistency) but extremely unnecessary to worry about it when I
think about solving real problems.