Yep what Kaxil said and a separate repo does not change anything. Anything
that we (Apache Airflow PMC) releases is something that we (Apache
Airflow PMC maintain, contribute to and only committers can approve and
merge the code)  - so no matter if it is a separate repo, the cost is the
same .

The community already decided that we do not want to bear the cost.
That's done. If there is someone who wants to bear the cost (and then get
it back by charging their customers for this extra service maybe), they are
free to do so, and what you are proposing is that we again start bearing
the cost. Which we already decided not to do (by voting).

I think the discussion is long and exhaustive enough, so if someone wants
to revert that decision - they would have to start a vote thread. Just
following the regular process we have in Apache project:
https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting#votes-on-code-modification - but
taking into account quite clear "no" from a few people - committers - it's
not going to pass. From the discussion above it looks like there will be a
VETO from a few people and even one VETO is enough for it to not be
accepted.

J.