It's up to each community to decide what it's comfortable with, and
then make sure the process is applied equally to everyone.  In my
experience, 'non-minor, trivial' is pretty nebulous.  Does a
3,000-line IDE-driven refactor count as non-minor?  What about a one
line change in the heart of the scheduler that inadvertently changes a
!= to a ==?

It's generally agreed that immediate fixes for broken builds (e.g.,
missing seimicolons that break the compiler, or the Python
equivalent), can be checked in without reviews (they're usually
attached to the original ticket).

-jakob