IMHO, a DAG run without a start date is non-sensical but is not enforced
 That said, our UI allows for the manual creation of DAG Runs without a
start date as shown in the images below:

   - https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sxcqh04eztpl7p/Screenshot%
   202017-02-22%2016.00.40.png?dl=0

<https://www.dropbox.com/s/3sxcqh04eztpl7p/Screenshot%202017-02-22%2016.00.40.png?dl=0>
   - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4q6rr9dwghag1yy/Screenshot%