I would include filters, mappers, conditions and selectors to
the list.

A relatively simple mod to the core ant makes this
possible (bugzilla 17199) basically get ConditionBase.java,
AbstractFileSet, FilterChain implement DynamicConfigurator.
and get UnknownElement (bugzilla 18312) call setProject
earlier on created children.
Mappers are a little different, I implemented a new
attribute to handle this.

It this is done, then non ant core projects may implement
their own whacky types.

(like this to convert to upper case:
<filterchain>
    <tokenfilter>
         <scriptfilter language="beanshell">
             self.setToken(self.getToken().toUpperCase())
         </scriptfilter>
     </tokenfilter>
</filterchain>

Peter