Costin Manolache wrote, On 04/04/2003 19.57:

However we can do it incrementally. Adding an setXYZUrl(URL) attribute should work - without the overloaded method problems.

Well - it can be just setXYZUrl( String ). All we need is to add the
attributes to the tasks where it is needed.

Should we add it to <copy> ? I don't know :-) But XSLT is a good candidate.

After the replies and a bit of thought, maybe even setXYZUrl(URL) is not the right solution.

We have a FTP task, a get task, etc... putting the URL as a parameter short-circuits the process of getting stuff and using it, and potentially makes Ant dwonload files at every run without devs knowing.

So, AFA I'm concerned, I would need a styleResource="" parameter, *or* overloading the file attribute *just* to get stuff from jars. That is, if the filename starts with resource:// or something like that, get the file as a resource.

What should I send a patch for?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -