Stefan Bodewig wrote, On 08/04/2003 10.23:
On Tue, 08 Apr 2003, Nicola Ken Barozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Stefan Bodewig wrote, On 08/04/2003 9.07:

But why stick with the resource protocol?  Can't Xalan deal with
stylesheets loaded via http?

Please excuse me, I'm a PITA,

I knew that before this thread ;-)

Be careful, I take it as a compliment ;->

You mean use a full URL?

Actually, we are talking about URIs which don't have to be URLs.

Java's URL class isn't able to deal with opaque URIs AFAIK.  (opaque
are those URIs that don't start with a / after the scheme in layman's
terms, like mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]).

So I'd probably simply take a String argument and pass that along,
without even looking at it.

ahhh

Would that not confuse and create problems when we do move to a VFS?

Why?

If the urls used now are not consistent with the later-used VFS uris. But probably it's a moot point.

<xslt in="a" out="b" style-url="the/url/to/the/style"/>

Be careful with the dash in the attribute's name.

hehehe, xslt uses it, why is it so evil? ;->

I mean

<xslt in="a" out="b" style="the/url/to/the/style"/>

for files that need to be resolved and

From javadocs:

"If it is null, this call is equivalent to
 new java.io.File(filename)"

And java.io.File does not have a constructot that takes a URL, so it would be:

 <xslt in="a" out="b" style="the/pathname/to/the/style"/>

<xslt in="a" out="b" styleuri="http://xml.apache.org/some-style.xsl"/>

for a stylesheet obtained from the web.

Ok.

This implies that build file
writers have to know whether a style sheets comes from the filesystem
or not.  Is this a problem?

Nope.

IIUC style="" would accept only files, so using it I'd have to be sure it's on the FS.

styleuri="" instead can be used both for remote and local files, if I resolve it to a URL, and later with the VFS.

Can this do?

            - verba volant, scripta manent -