On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Ignacio J. Ortega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Stefan Bodewig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió en el mensaje

>> Class.forName will use the system classloader and not the nice
>> little
>
> IMHO This contradicts my experience of CLs, i think some places
> inside tomcat used Class.forName also, and never seen what you
> say.. Class.forName loads in the current loader

Now, where did I get this misconception?  Sorry I have disappointed
you, DD ;-)

I think what you say is true for Java 1.2+, but not for Java 1.1.  The
API docs of Java 1.1 are not clear about this, but a lot of
classloader stuff has changed between 1.1 and 1.2.  I'm one of those
poor guys who still have to maintain 1.1 compatibility.

So for Ant 1.6, this is no issue as long as no core Ant classes
calling Class.forName can also be loaded via the parent.