Stefan Bodewig wrote, On 08/04/2003 10.33:
[was Re: Using files in classpath in task file="", changed subject to
attract more comments]

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Jose Alberto Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

... about a new attribute to <property> that would set the property to
the URI of a file that get's resolved relative to basedir.

Similar to "location" but with URI.

Pick the name you think it is more appropriate.

Some thoughts:

        <property name="x" uriOfFile="${fileName}"/>
        <property name="x" valueAsUri="${fileName}"/>
        <property name="x" locationAsUri="${fileName}"/>
        <property name="x" uriForLocation="${fileName}"/>

Wierd names...

Alternatively, we could have something more general that you can
pass a URI and knows how to use it, but alternatively if the value
if that of a file, then it construct a URI for it.

<property name="x" uri="${fileName}"/>

Seems fine.

As long as we get the expected behavior I do not mind.

What do others think of this?  Maybe we shouldn't add yet another
attribute but a complete new task?

<seturi property="x" location="build.xml"/>
<seturi property="x"
        resources="org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties"/>
<seturi property="x" url="http://www.apache.org/"/>

I'd add a uri attribute, and make that the only way of dealing with the above. It's more flexible and makes it easier to upgrade later to a VFS.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -