On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:17 am, Nick Chalko wrote:
> After I slept on it,  I thought of how I could extend the antclassloader
> to handle the situations I need.
> I am considering a <antlibclassloader />
> That will explicitly allow the optional ant task to be loaded in the
> child classloader.
> I may even go so far as  automatically adding this fileset
> ${ant.home}/lib/ant-*.jar   to the classloader.
>
> That should handle the usecase I have in mind.

I'll be interested to see if this works :-) I have my doubts. As soon as you
go into the main loader to find the task classes
(org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask), you won't be able
to see the Junit classes from the child loader. If you play class loader
games to avoid this then you are headed for LinkageErrors. Forking is almost
always more preferable.

BTW, I don;t really agree with the <classloader> task being used to modify the
effective classpath of running ClassLoaders. I'm sure this will cause trouble
too.

Conor