Conor MacNeill wrote:

On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:17 am, Nick Chalko wrote:

I'll be interested to see if this works :-) I have my doubts. As soon as you go into the main loader to find the task classes (org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask), you won't be able to see the Junit classes from the child loader. If you play class loader games to avoid this then you are headed for LinkageErrors. Forking is almost always more preferable.

The
if (resourceName.startsWith("org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.")) {return useParentFirst;}
HACK worked last night.

I will try something a little cleaner tonight.

BTW, I don;t really agree with the <classloader> task being used to modify the effective classpath of running ClassLoaders. I'm sure this will cause trouble too.

Seems to break some of the "properties are  immutable" philosophy of ant.

--
Nick Chalko                                         Show me the code.
                         Centipede