Are you saying I'm repeating myself ;-) I sure am, am I?

Pluggeable aspects came to me too, I just didn't think throwing it out as
well would have helped much the chances of aspects getting to 1.6...

Short of using real AOP like AspectJ, I don't see how Pluggeable aspects can
be implemented than with some kind of decorator to Task (or Type? Or
PrjComp?).

Look where ant:type is used... Can you design Pluggeable aspects that would
be able to use that attribute the way it's used now? I think a lot of people
would be perfectly happy with the few aspects mentioned already hard-wired
in Ant 1.6. And leave the generalization to a later date/release. --DD