> I'm interested to hear about use bases that would refute my argument on the
> other hand, to see what I missed. Thanks, --DD

Say I have build B importing C and I'm using B quite happily.

Then one day, I create A to import B and the import in B of C no longer works
because B had a basedir setting. That would surprise me.

The above scenario assumes that we are taking basedir into account in the B->C
case, which is not what option (2) is about. But option(2) makes resolution
of import names not follow the same rules as every other Ant task (i.e.
taking into account project basedir).

I guess I can live with (2). Basedirs are not that common anyway, and having
import outside that framework is OK.

Conor