Conor MacNeill wrote, On 31/07/2003 14.07:

I think with a renaming <import> task this would let you override any part of the build easily.

Very cool indeed :-)

[I'd like to thank all the ones that are discussing on import. Very nice posts and constructive stuff, I love you guys :-)]

It seems that we can then make these tasks:

 <include>   :like entity includes
 <override>  :like your example
 <import>    :both of the above (do we want it at all?)
                                (would i tdo other things?)

Separating converns makes both more simple both to understand and reuse. Not though about the implications much, but I really like it.

The only thing that comes to mind is that I cannot use super ion dependencies, which is a nifty feature :-(

BTW, note that simple renaming of targets is not enough. Any use of a target name needs to be updated too (e.g. <antcall>). Can be done (at time of use) but may require tasks knowing their import prefix. The import task will need this to do cascade renaming.

Aha! Wait a sec, is this about the multiple inheritance-no-crosstalk thing I outlined?

Could you please expand on this, I'm interested.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there. Override might even be useful in an entity includes approach.

Very interesting.

            - verba volant, scripta manent -