On Thu, 7 Aug 2003, Magesh Umasankar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you plan just to replace the affected files in the 1.5.3-1
> binaries and name it 1.5.4, or build everything from scratch?

It may be a little hard to do the selective replace - some manual
pages have changed and so has the website.  My guess is that building
from scratch is easier.

> I assume it is going to be the latter.  If that is the case,
> I think, irrespective of how small the actual code changes are,
> when the entire distribution is built, there is a chance that
> build/packaging related regressions may get introduced,

Good point, thanks.  I'll diff the expanded trees of 1.5.3-1 and 1.5.4
and post the results so everybody can have a look.

> and hence my +0 for proceeding with a release without a beta.

In a sense 1.5.3-1 is the beta of 1.5.4 the way I proposed it.  If we
build 1.5.4beta and do another distribution for 1.5.4 final, we'd face
the same packaging issues IMHO.