The source of my implementation is available at
http://www.mullassery.com/downloads/imageTasks-src.jar
The imaging core source is available at
http://www.mullassery.com/downloads/pmiw-src.jar

I would need CVS commit rights to work on the current ANT 1.6 image task OR
someone could just include it.

Thanks,

Abey Mullassery
W: http://www.mullassery.com