--- Stefan Bodewig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Matt Benson
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am not necessarily in favor of adding vfs or
> anything else as a
> > core dependency, but there are only so many ways
> we can go.  I for
> > one would be delighted to hear any ideas that will
> work.
>
> I don't have an answer if a file system abstraction
> has to become part
> of Ant's core.

I feel like we're going around in circles here... :)
Maybe we need to clarify this issue:

1)  Is this important?

If so, then:
2)  What features do we want/need?
3)  What possible solutions would represent the least
invasion on Ant's core?
  3a)  If one or more solutions include the use of one
or more external packages in some way, what
compatibly-licensed projects exist that would obtain
substantial gains toward the desired functionality?

4)  What other initiatives might ease the
incorporation of this idea into Ant (Ant
decomposition, antlib concepts, etc.)?
5)  What have I forgotten to ask?

-Matt