That is why I said it would be nice to have.

However, my abilty to code .bat files is  very poor.
ant.bat has had a lot of history and is not something anyone would
want to modify.

One work-around could be to have another "special" option -orig_classpath "%CLASSPATH%"
and allow Launcher.java to check for the -cp option in added by users. If it exists, it will
override the -orig_classpath option.

Peter

Steve Loughran wrote:

Peter Reilly wrote:

By user visible I meant that ant -cp x:y:z would not be supported by the
ant[.bat].  By support, I mean x:y:z replacing CLASSPATH in the
java call. It would be a nice to have, but would need support by the
the script (sh and bat), in detecting -cp, setting LOCALCLASSPATH
and CLASSPATH correctly.

actually, we could be very cool and say "ant -cp path" tells ant to avoid the CLASSPATH env environment.

this would be good for those classpath-screwed-up support calls. We could tell people to run ant -cp "" and see if that fixes their problem -if it does, tell them to fix the CLASSPATH.