Great news. So you'll can provide new providers.

Emmanuel

jerome lacoste a écrit :
On 9/27/05, Emmanuel Venisse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Jose Alberto Fernandez a écrit :

I think that it will be a very good idea, mostly as a stepping stone to
higher level functionality.

The main reason for not having such a thing is the fact that each
project knows in advance what kind of repository is being in used. So
why do we need something abstract?

On the other hand, once you have such an abstracted functionality, I am
sure we could envision higher level tasks stored on other antlibs that
may provide project management style functionality irrespective of the
underlying repository. That would be a very good thing to have.

So I am all for it. The question is what are the concepts that can be
ported across all different SCMs?

In Maven-SCM, we have some abstract beans for each commands (checkout, checkin,
update,
changelog...) in an abstract api, Each provider implement these beans for
obtain an
accessible command in framework for this provider.
We support actually clearcase, cvs, local, perforce, starteam and in few weeks,
Serena
Dimension (PVCS).

For your information, I am about to propose CruiseControl to reuse this library.
We currently support 14 SCM, but most of the time only the changelog
functionality is supported.

Cheers,

Jerome