Standard Ant contains a number of VSS tasks and I'm writing a couple
more for my own use (tasks relating to file / project properties, such
as shared versions). My questions are: should I submit these tasks for
possible inclusion in the standard Ant distribution? And if so, do you
have any advice on  the best way to do that? I've read the "Task Design
Guidelines", by the way.

Having looked at the Dev mail archive, I've noticed that VSS tasks can be a bit of a problem for committers, since they don't (as a rule) have access to VSS to test the tasks. Any way I can help with that?

Thanks,
Paul