> Standard Ant contains a number of VSS tasks and I'm writing a couple
> more for my own use (tasks relating to file / project properties, such
> as shared versions). My questions are: should I submit these tasks for
> possible inclusion in the standard Ant distribution? And if so, do you
> have any advice on  the best way to do that? I've read the "Task Design
> Guidelines", by the way.

Anybody have a problem with splitting VSS off into an antlib so that
people with VSS can easily add tasks etc?  I recall that there are
also a couple of bugs listed (enhancements and patches) for VSS, but
without anyone willing to test them, they aren't going to be worked
on.  I see an antlib being useful here, but would like to know what
other people think.

> Having looked at the Dev mail archive, I've noticed that VSS tasks can
> be a bit of a problem for committers, since they don't (as a rule) have
> access to VSS to test the tasks. Any way I can help with that?

It would be good for the team if you (or anyone with VSS access) could
run the current trunk version (1.7alpha) against VSS so that we know
ahead of time about any problems.

Kev