It seems that there may be two distinct subjects in this thread:

  a) introduction of policy that restricts dynamic resolution of
     resource to those available via a local file protocol (refer
     Xavier's comments "By offline I mean with no network access")

  b) introduction of a policy that restricts dynamic resolution
     of resources to a selection of 'safe'(?) repositories

The first scenario correctly reflects the offline notion while the second
scenario does not have any relationship to the term.  However, the second
scenario does start to recognize that the physical topology of a machine is
not equivalent to the definition of a policy.

Cheers, Steve.