I agree that it doesn't make it right, however, it makes it a point to
consider.

One might even argue that the two do not exclude each other: in the current
implementation an order depending design pattern and a DAG implementation
can co-exist. Personally I would not vote for enforcing either design
pattern for I think both have merit.

Hence I also believe that it would serve the community to enable the
possibility of ordered execution in the target-group / phase element. Maybe
not as default behavior, but as additional feature. It doesn't make it
right, but it probably will makes someones life a bit easier :)

-r