Hello Stefan,

I have found out that the root cause of the test failures found is the java vm
running with file.encoding set to ASCII.

The  tests that fail are written in such a way that they assume that Ant is
running with file.encoding=UTF-8 which is the default it seems in a lot of Java
1.6 VMs (but not all).

Also, by default StringResource instances have a "null" encoding, which works
when the encoding of the VM is UTF-8.

I am making a change to change the default encoding of StringResource to
"UTF-8" which seems to lead to better results when the VM is running under
ASCII encoding ( ANSI_X3.4-1968 precisely).

Also, I found out that the <contains/> selector needs an encoding attribute to
have a chance to do its job when the encoding of the files to select is
different from the default encoding of the JVM.

I am addressing that by adding an encoding attribute on the contains selector.

Regards,

Antoine