On 30/04/18 3:52 PM, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

On 2018-04-30, Gintautas Grigelionis wrote:

My apologies for offending anyone; just one last silly question: why
uniformity is not a requirement?
Who's uniformity do you pick? There are so many choices that only depend
on taste.

assertEquals(x, y) vs assertThat(y, equalTo(x)) amd many many small
nuances that we all don't need to agree on, as long as we understand
what the code means and does and we accept to not change code just
because it doesn't conform to our own choices.

assertThat(object, matcher) is easier to parameterize, see MakeUrlTest.
And regarding parameterization, I have found at least three cases of
copy-paste errors
where two supposedly different test cases were, in fact, identical.

The assertEquals vs assertThat was an example of different ways a certain thing can be implemented. I hope you do realize that what we are discussing in this thread (and others) is much more broader than finding copy/paste errors due to usage of one API over other.

-Jaikiran