Mathias Bauer wrote:
Jürgen Schmidt wrote:

(ViewData information)

Would it be difficult to make this not an implementation detail
The information stored are interresting and some already used in the settings.xml
It wouldn't be difficult but it doesn't make sense from my point of view. All the information can be get by an official API, why should we make this implementation detail public. It would be redundant and we can't adapt this string if it would be necessary in the future. But if you feel that the existing API is to complicate we can think on an improvement using the new UNO features maybe. It make no sense to search in the implementation for information you need or might be useful for you, you can't count in this info as long as it isn't retrieved by an official API. Use the API's and if you feel that something is missing submit a feature request or if you feel that something is to complicate submit a request for enhancement.

Which API are you talking about?

the initial question was how to get the active cell when i remember correctly. Maybe i was a little bit to fast for the values in the settings.xml, i haven't checked if equivalent properties exists, i simply have assumed this ;-) But as i already have pointed out. If something is necessary and missing we should define an API for it but we shouldn't simply make implementation details public.

Juergen

@Laurent: what's the use case that makes you think that you need to
evaluate this string?

Ciao,