Hi Erik,

as far as I understand your problem, you want to integrate OpenOffice in your SWT-Application using the OOoBean. That's not really difficult, but you need to know some basics about how the bean works.

Basically there are two methods: loadFromURL and loadFromByteArray that will start up OpenOffice for you and connect to it if OpenOffice is not already running. The class LocalOfficeConnection uses the ClassLoader to find the real path on your System to LocalOfficeConnection - this is <OpenOffice>/program/classes. Now it cut's of "/classes" from this path and starts up <OpenOffice>/program/soffice or <OpenOffice>/program/soffice.exe dependent on your system. Additionally there are some native libs in <OpenOffice>/program that are needed to create a system dependent window to display OpenOffice. Therefore you will need to have <OpenOffice>/program on your $path variable.

To make everything working you need juh.jar, jut.jar, jurt.jar, ridl.jar, sandbox.jar and unoil.jar on your classpath and as described above, you won't be able to move those libs elsewhere if you dont modify the java code of the bean yourself.

You can try some of the samples that come within the SDK within eclipse - just add the jar files above to your project and start the applications. This should give you a first impression how to integrate with plain java and swing. For SWT you can also embedd Swing/AWT in your SWTShell.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Harald

Erik Zuehlke wrote:

For so some difficulty do not look for I now a solution for my task, much gives it these already, much see I these.

I believe which I that do not understand, much give it in addition, no solution. Even if I repeat myself, shorten described, I have (alone) a SWT/Java application. In this I would like to integrate as closely as possible (when OOoBean) OpenOffice. It is not to become Eclipse RCP application.

Gladly basis place (c:\sgv\?) would like all external libraries (..sgv\libs) placings within (mysql and so one), even if possible of OOo. So my past attempts and after some understanding also my past test were not successful. This application rather a ?Copy and paste? work is and no ?clean? programming, I gladly my understanding would improve.

Can I ?page out and from there use? the OOo Librarys (classes.jar)? Here I receive the error ?UnsatiesfiedLinkError " already meant ´: to NO officebean in java.library.path?, I register now these in the %Path%, effected still the error, although the environment variable contains completely clearly.

If I use directly on the ?classes? in OOo listing access give to ?Conection? problems.

Is it possible, also for others, a step by step guidance create? What means it? Much-calibrated from it a ?Tutorial? should become, with the possibilities of the integration of OpenOffice. It gives so far me now admits three ways, that responds in the server mode, the direct opens from OpenOffice (OpenOffice_Path \ program \ soffice) and as the latter as OOoBean. Is that correct? On all this solutions, where can i use or must i use the ooo-classes, direct (OfficePath\program\classes) or indirect (my extern dir, lib path).

Last word to the SDK, it´was great but in the reason that can´t help me, or my knowledge was to small for this ?! :( / ;-|