Cedric Bosdonnat wrote:
Hi Stefan,

Stephan Bergmann a écrit :
First, if you release some unpublished API that is badly needed by UNO
component/OOo extension writers to get their job done, chances are that
those writers will use your API in their components/extensions anyway.

Something that could be possible is to add a warning in the code when
the UNO component/OOo extension writer uses an unpublished type, as for
deprecated types in most decents IDEs. I have no idea of how to do it
now, but this should be possible and would prevent a lot of these
errors. I'll think about this for the eclipse integration.

Cedric

I think warning an extension writer that he uses unpublished API does not address the problem at hand, where the writer might already be well aware that the API is unpublished, but has strong need to use it anyway.

But in general, an (optional) feature that warns about usage of unpublished and/or deprecated API would of course be nice.

-Stephan