Hi Tabish,

> 1. run a server in java
> 2. bootstrap ooimpress from the same class which started the above server
> 3. from within ooimpress either a UNO Component or Macro (which will
> both be
> in java ) call function on this server.
>
> I've reviewed chapter 4 of the deverlopers guide, up till now I undestand
> two things one is how to write a user-interface based UNO Component and the
> other how to boostrap openoffice in java but I'm unable to communicate
> between these two.

First of all, have a look at the snippet base:
http://codesnippets.services.openoffice.org/Office/java.xml.

Second, we need to know what you exactly want to do. If you just want to
send a message from one class to an other, it would be an Java issue an
this would be the wrong place to ask for. But if your Java sould
manipulate OpenOffice, continue to give us some more info.

Greetings, Tobias