OK, I'll try to give you some more detailed information. You told me
that you are running a java server you want to connect to. In what way
does this server offer his service? E.g. it offers its Service on a
special port. So write a OO plugin that connects to this server and
interacts with it (e.g. via a TCP Stream).

Its a bluetooth server if in any way you are familiar with bluetooth
technology.
What I want is that I could have an ooimpress plugin which basically starts
the server when ooimpress is opened. So the way I thought it should work is
that I start a server in my java code then the same java code bootstraps
ooimpress and then from there I can communicate from inside ooimpress to
this server class as I explained it to you earlier.

In no way is my ooimpress a client to this server, rather my ooimpress
plugin should be a server itself. So basically I'm looking towards an app
which will have 2 parts:
1. my bluetooth server
2. ooimpress

I need to figure out a way through which both 1 & 2 can communicate to each
other. 1 calling functions on 2 is straight forward but what I'm stuck at is
2 calling functions on 1.

What you cannot do: you cannot instanciate a Java class of the server
from that plugin, because the plugin environment does not find the class.

Ok let me put it in a more straight forward manner, it may help you & me
both.

Class Test
{
   //I bootstrapped ooimpress here and after execution I have ooimpress
opened    //in front of me

 void foo(){}
}

Now from inside a Macro I want to do Test.foo().

Assume the macro is written in Java. I don't know how to do this. In fact I
don't know even openoffice allows to do such a thing or not.

Do you understand my point now ?

On 10/23/06, Tobias Krais <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Tabish,

> Thats fine. But my initial problem remains :)

>> > Also I read on the ProtocolHandler & Jobs approach but I couldn't
>> > figure out much how do they fit in with my problem.

OK, I'll try to give you some more detailed information. You told me
that you are running a java server you want to connect to. In what way
does this server offer his service? E.g. it offers its Service on a
special port. So write a OO plugin that connects to this server and
interacts with it (e.g. via a TCP Stream).

What you cannot do: you cannot instanciate a Java class of the server
from that plugin, because the plugin environment does not find the class.

@all please correct me if I am wrong.

Greetings, tobias