Hi,

with our codesnippets.services.openoffice.org we have useful resource to find some useful snippets. But the contribution is from my point of view not easy enough. Although Tom Schindl did a tremendous job to set up the environment and infra structure and Paolo Mantovani who provides the excellent Snippet Creator i would like to suggest that we move the examples, snippets etc. into the wiki.

Why?
Because i believe that it is too much work for potential contributors to install the Snippet Creator, prepare a snippet/example, post it to the mailing list and wait until Tom has found time to integrate it. And later on the maintenance requires the same or more steps if you have not stored the snippet locally on your machine. I believe that all this prevents users to contribute to our example collection.

For that reason i have created a new section in the Wiki http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API/Samples and http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API/Samples where i would like to store new snippets, examples, tutorials related to different API use cases and different programming languages.

I've prepared some guideline or better some rules that should be taken into account when contributing to the example collection.

The advantage of the wiki is quite obvious and i hope that you share and like the idea and that you contribute a lot of good examples to this collection. The contribution and maintenance in the wiki is easy and offers some more flexibility than the existing snippet page.

I would like to thank you Tom and Paolo again for their good work. Time and technology is changing and i believe that we will have greater success with the wiki approach. And of course the Snippet Creator is an excellent example to show what's possible with StarBasic.

Stay tuned to find some nice tutorials in the near future.

Juergen