Hello Juergen,

On Thursday 14 May 2009, 11:35, Juergen Schmidt wrote:
> > is there already a general agreement about when API changes will be
> > allowed? only major (for example only OOo 4.0, OOo 5.0), or also minor
> > (OOo 3.3, OOo 3.4), or even micro (OOo 3.2.1)?
>
> mmh, i think yes, we should take it serious and should allow this
> changes not frequently and only for major changes. We still have the
> published keyword that allows us to improve new APIs over minor releases
> as well.

But published only applies to the whole type. Are the changes going to be
allowed so that you can add a new member to an exisitng and already published
type?

For example, I also thought about the @since tag: autodoc only handles this
pertype, but not per member.
I think there will be cases, where instead of designing a new XSomething2 you
add a new member to an existing XSomething type (well, and I vote for removing
all existing XSomething2 around there!).
It makes sense that if someone adds a new member, the @since tag is also
added, and autodoc respects it; not the case nowadays: cf.

http://svn.services.openoffice.org/opengrok/xref/DEV300_m47/offapi/com/sun/star/accessibility/AccessibleRelationType.idl#117
vs.
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/accessibility/AccessibleRelationType.html#NODE_CHILD_OF

Regards