>   +    * I think apr_open_stderr() and friends dup() the descriptor. That
>   +      would allow the new/returned file to be closed (via pool cleanup
>   +      or manually) without accidentally closing stderr/out.

The goal of those functions is to actually get stderr, stdout, stdin into
an apr_file_t.  The only reason they exist, is because Windows requires an
extra function to get stderr, stdout, stdin when we use native file
types.  If you want to dup them, then that should be done by you
explicitly.  There is no reason to cause that extra call for programs that
know they don't want to do the dup.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131