I'm tagging and rolling right now.  The tree currently builds on Windows
and Linux, and I believe based on Jeff's recent commits, I have to believe
that it compiles everyplace else.  It also works on OS/2 and BeOS AFAIK.

Tag and roll coming in the next hour or so.

Ryan

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Folks,
>
>   I'm going to propose something radical.  Although Jeff's recent commit
> points out
> a potentially serious problem (discrepancy between the file size and file
> offset types)
> in the Win32 APR, which I will look at today, this server appears rather
> stable, and
> buildable, and rbb will have 'the patch' today for our OS2 woes (see - cross
> platform
> development actually carries benefits!)
>
>   Can we begin a code freeze, excepting _minor_ build and code fixes, until
> we have
> a stable tarball ready to share?  I have win32 folks trying to make
> apache2.0a9 build,
> this just doesn't make any sense.  Once Ryan's patch is in, let's roll, and
> then go back
> to town.
>
>   It's been too long, time for a good tarball!  I increasingly believe that a
> pure
> implementation of Roy's model can't work.  Either 1) code freezes, 2)
> dev/release branches,
> or 3) parallel trees [I hate #3] seem required to allow development to
> progress while folks
> shoot down bugs.
>
> Bill

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131