Ryan Bloom wrote:

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Aaron Bannert wrote:

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 11:15:48AM -0700, Brian Pane wrote:

I think APR is close to being ready for 1.0. We still need to
fix the apr_time_t performance problems (the old 64-bit division
issue), though.

Can we plan on doing this for 1.1 once we have the versioning in
place and a solid release?

I have a better question. Has anybody come up with a design that we can agree on for this? If there is no design, then we really can't solve the problem quickly. The last I saw about this issue, nobody agreed on how to fix it, or even that there was a real problem.

There were a few promising solutions, but all of them had one technical problem or another. Basically, each of the proposals performed well for some set of operations but poorly for at least one other operation that might be important to some application.

Toward the end of that last round of discussions, I thus proposed
that APR get out of the business of managing microseconds:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apr-dev&m=102678180413988

I'm interested in hearing people's comments on that proposal.

Thanks,
Brian