Graham Leggett wrote:

This vote is completely premature.

What was supposed to happen is that a discussion be kicked off **on the mailing list**, so that people fully understand why the LDAP abstraction is as it is, and in turn people can come up with a properly thought out way forward to address the issues within it.

Dude, you are on a mailing list.

I just participated, as anyone might, by posting to the mailing list, and
answered (without voting yet) about my opinion.

I'm in AMS but have yet to sit down at the hackathon.  Since my opportunity
to voice an opinion isn't hampered by my not being f2f with Paul or Justin
today, I'd argue yours isn't, either.

We've actually discussed this on list for several years, and your comments
for years have been 'yea, that's on me, I aught to fix that'.  Now that
some folks would like to move forwards towards completing APR 2.0, there
will be more of these sorts of votes.

Bill