On 18 Oct 2009, at 18:14, Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Oct 18, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

I don't think anybody has spelled out explicitly how to run the apr
and apr-util builds and merge all necessary headers and so forth (not
that it is complicated, but it would be useful as a FAQ...).  (In
addition to the apr.h issues you outline, some of the APU_HAVE_foo in
apu.h could differ between 32-bit and 64-bit as well.)

Apple has provided the diffs for us... we just don't apply them
(we can't apply the as-is because they assume Darwin, whereas my
patch wrapped them in a DARWIN_10 define to make them generic)...

As anticipated, not addressing this here means that everyone and
their mother will be providing their own hacks to this issue
instead of a single canonical fix... Oh well.

I think the problem is that configure is used to find out things that change arch to arch like void * size rather then using preprocessor detection of those things.

Testings for API functions being present would be arch independent.

On windows don't you just ship the answers as if configure had run?

Maybe Mac OS X is half way between the linux configure detects everything
and the windows configure never run.

Barry

(Hi Jeff, we met on the mod_fcgid list.)