1) can't change ARCHIVA_BASE variable when using the service wrapper.

This is due to a change in the AppAssembler plugin that I don't agree with, but
haven't had the time to revise it yet. I have a workaround we can apply in
Archiva - will roll through that later this evening.

2) Next was this error:

jvm 1    | org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
creating bean with name 'managedRepositoryAdmin#default': Invocation of init
method failed; nested exception is
org.apache.archiva.admin.model.RepositoryAdminException: Cannot forcefully
unlock a NativeFSLock which is held by another indexer component:
/var/local/archiva/data/indexes/com.maestrodev.maestro.releases/write.lock

This happened because there was a stage repository using the same indexDir. I
removed the configuration from the stage directory - but do we need to force
some upgrade here?

3) Need to make sure upgrade notes take care of context-root change (they may
do, I haven't had a chance to check that just yet)

Only got as far as starting it up, so will do more testing.

Should we move forward on the redback / parent releases to get them out of the
way while the overall stuff proceeds?

- Brett

Brett Porter   @brettporter
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/