On 21 Jan 2014, at 9:18 am, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 20 January 2014 15:27, Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>> 1) can't change ARCHIVA_BASE variable when using the service wrapper.
>>
>> This is due to a change in the AppAssembler plugin that I don't agree with,
>> but haven't had the time to revise it yet. I have a workaround we can apply
>> in Archiva - will roll through that later this evening.
>
> ? I miss your point.

If you set the ARCHIVA_BASE variable before starting to use a different
conf/log directory, it ignores it (the wrapper.conf ends up with
set.ARCHIVA_BASE=. instead of set.default.ARCHIVA_BASE=.).

>> 2) Next was this error:
>>
>> jvm 1    | org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error
>> creating bean with name 'managedRepositoryAdmin#default': Invocation of init
>> method failed; nested exception is
>> org.apache.archiva.admin.model.RepositoryAdminException: Cannot forcefully
>> unlock a NativeFSLock which is held by another indexer component:
>> /var/local/archiva/data/indexes/com.maestrodev.maestro.releases/write.lock
>>
>> This happened because there was a stage repository using the same indexDir.
>> I removed the configuration from the stage directory - but do we need to
>> force some upgrade here?
>>
>> 3) Need to make sure upgrade notes take care of context-root change (they
>> may do, I haven't had a chance to check that just yet)
>>
>> Only got as far as starting it up, so will do more testing.
>>
>> Should we move forward on the redback / parent releases to get them out of
>> the way while the overall stuff proceeds?
>
> I wanted to avoid too many votes :-)

Should be easy to pass some of the votes while RC might get re-made - I'm
finding it hard to build everything right now because they depend on staged
bits :)

- Brett