Hi Wes,

Thank you for the explanation. the usage of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-721 could be directly supported
by Mnemonic through DurableBuffer and DurableChunk, the DurableChunk makes
use of unsafe to expose a plain memory space for Arrow to use without
performance penalties. that's why most of the big data frameworks take the
advantage of unsafe, please refer to
https://mnemonic.apache.org/docs/domusecases.html for the use cases. we
could work on this ticket if you think that's exactly what you want.

Regarding the NVM tech., that is what Mnemonic created for. it could be
used to directly persist Java generic objects and collection on NVM with no
SerDe. so what kind of basic tools you mentioned? probably,  we can help
also identify the gaps for Mnemonic as well. Thanks!

Very truly yours,
Gary