I'm definitely uncomfortable with the idea of deprecating Status.

We have a few kinds of functions that can fail:

1. Functions with no "out" arguments
2. Functions with one out argument
3. Functions with multiple out arguments

IMHO functions in category 2 are the best candidates for utilizing
Status. In some cases, Case 3 may be more usable Result-based, but it
can also create more work (or confusion) on the part of the developer,
either

* The T in Result<T> has to be a struct-like value that transports
multiple pieces of data
* "Out" data may be split across a Result<T> and a separate out
argument. That's not too nice

Can't say I'm thrilled about having Result<void> or similar for Case
1-type functions (if I'm understanding what would be the solution
there).

Left to my own devices I would either use only Status or use Result
when it is convenient for functions that have a single out argument

I don't know how many functions or methods we have in the codebase
returning Status but I'd guess it's getting on the order of 1000. A
proper accounting would be helpful

- Wes