Thanks for writing this up, Andrew. I think this looks good.

One challenge for me, and I assume I am not alone, is that I generally only
have time at weekends to review non-trivial PRs.

I don't think there is a good solution to this problem but I will comment
on the PRs that I have a particular interest in reviewing to request
additional time to review.

Andy.