Not expressing an opinion on the original question, but if the problem is
"not getting everything right the first time", what can be done to reduce
the likelihood of getting things wrong? Other languages/implementations
have extensive CI and nightly builds, some of which test different
packaging scenarios and integration testing with other projects (e.g.
spark, dask) that we don't want to break support with. Are there additional
JS builds we could add that would increase our confidence in the quality of
our releases?

Neal