I suggest we respect Jorge's decision and give him more time/space.
Considering he spent 6 months last year trying to donate arrow2 to ASF
and couldn't get it through, I can see why he doesn't want to retry
the same effort in a short period of time. Especially when he is
working on all of these in his limited free time. I trust him to make
decisions that will best push the project forward on a technical
front.

As for arrow-rs, I think Andy made a good comment in the github issue
suggesting that if there are community members who are motivated to
maintain it, we can keep it going but probably with a less frequent
release cadence. I agree with Micah that If no one is willing to take
up the work, then a clear communication of maintenance only mode would
better serve the existing arrow-rs users.