+1 (binding), with the caveat that I looked mostly at the C API.

Regards

Antoine.

Le 21/09/2022 à 17:40, David Li a écrit :
Hello,

We have been discussing [1] standard interfaces for Arrow-based database access and have
been working on implementations of the proposed interfaces [2], all under the name
"ADBC". This proposal aims to provide a unified client abstraction across
Arrow-native database protocols (like Flight SQL) and non-Arrow database protocols, which
can then be used by Arrow projects like Dataset/Acero and ecosystem projects like Ibis.

For details, see the RFC here: https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/14079

I would like to propose that the Arrow project adopt this RFC, along with
apache/arrow-adbc commit 7866a56 [3], as version 1.0.0 of the ADBC API standard.

Please vote to adopt the specification as described above. (This is not a vote
to release any components.)

[ ] +1 Adopt the ADBC specification
[ ]  0
[ ] -1 Do not adopt the specification because...

Thanks to the DuckDB and R DBI projects for providing feedback on and
implementations of the proposal.

[1]: https://lists.apache.org/thread/cq7t9s5p7dw4vschylhwsfgqwkr5fmf2
[2]: https://github.com/apache/arrow-adbc
[3]: