"backport candidate" sounds like an interesting idea! If someone wants to
propose and help implement that, I would be supportive.

For now, I've merged the definitions of "Breaking Change" and "Critical
Fix". I've also labelled the relevant issues I've found for 11.0.0 and
10.0.0:

Breaking changes in 11.0.0:
https://github.com/apache/arrow/issues?q=milestone%3A%2211.0.0%22+label%3A%22Breaking+Change%22
Critical fixes in 11.0.0: