Leo:

To assert a claim concerning a direction established by the Avalon PMC
must be backed by a vote result of the members of the PMC.  On the other
hand - if Aaron is acting unilaterally in his capacity as an Officer of
the Apache Software Foundation then this should be stated clearly and
without any ambiguity.

Stephen.