On Monday 29 November 2004 22:39, J Aaron Farr wrote:

> On a personal note, I want to thank all the developers and users who
> have made this experiment and community happen.  I look forward to
> working with many of you in the new projects forming from Avalon.  Thank
> you.

And on behalf of the developers at Avalon, I would like to Thank ALL the past
Chairs and members of the Avalon PMC, for a all-in-all a job well done.

Few, if any, Apache projects has spawned so many new technologies and
interesting material as Avalon, and perhaps this inventiveness was part of
its demise.

Once again I want to urge all users of the different technologies that used to
be hosted at Avalon, to actively seek out their respective new homes. (see
Aaron's mail for details.)

Cheers
Niclas
--