To add one more data point measuring general adoption of gradle vs. maven,
we can look at Stackoverflow trends comparing the two tags [1]. This shows
the percentage of new SO questions in a given month by tag. 'gradle'
represents ~0.25% of questions, while maven is ~0.45%. So, maven is more
dominant in the Stackoverflow community, but they are at least similar
orders of magnitude. Also, the data is a bit noisy to draw a trendline, but
it seems that maven's growth has flattened while gradle is still increasing.

[1] https://insights.stackoverflow.com/trends?tags=maven%2Cgradle

Got feedback? http://go/swegner-feedback