Hi guys,

Do you plan to solve gradle issue (even dropping gradle from beam source),
issue I hit is:

1. gradle build is not equivalent to maven one - met some shadowed
dependencies which shouldnt be shaded like junit in some modules
2. gradle build doesn't use the same output directory than maven so it is
not really smooth to have both and have to maintain both
3. There are a lot of PR to flush before being able to switch

Any action plan taken to fix that and remove this ambiguity? Once again, I
would indeed prefer to stay on Maven but I'm fine to move to gradle,
however I'd like to stop having both builds and not really know what to use
or loose time with some differences between both.

Would the plan be to either do a PR merge effort and then gradle effort or
drop it - that are the 2 options I see to exit that state?

wdyt?

Romain Manni-Bucau
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>